Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Cisco Certs. 2950 SI or EI
September 19, 2005, 7:22 pm
rate this thread
Re: Cisco Certs. 2950 SI or EI
What else do you have?
Yes, you can get away with a 2950-SI. A 2950-EI is better. To do
absolutely everything mentioned in BCMSN, you need a pair of 3550-EMIs,
which is $5k+ out of your pocket.
I used a stock 2950-24 SI for my BCMSN, and it did most of what I
needed. I also had a Cisco 2611XM with two FE ports which I put into
bridging mode which allowed me to do most of the spanning tree stuff,
including moving the root-bridge around, and most of the trunking
If you have the cash, buy the best you can afford, but you will get to
a point of diminishing returns. Personally, I'd pick up a pair of
2950s, including 0,1 or 2 EIs depending on your budget, and if you need
hands-on for the L3 stuff, look at an online rental lab.
To find out what does what, register a cisco.com account and go to
- » Reliable Online Printing | Online Printing Solutions Malaysia
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » DTH - direct to Home - Videocon d2h satellite TV - DTH Services by Videocon d2...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Video Conferencing