Cisco Certification Track(s) - and my experience.

I currently administer a network for a small defense contractor. I take great pride in my job, and do it well. However, I am interested in the cisco certification track. I want to make more $$ in the future, besides having fun working with routers, switches, and network design. I have been using linux for about 10 years, and Windows XP, as long as it has existed. Very hardware oriented, have a somewhat good understanding of tcp/ip at the packet level, but have alot of learning to do, and will chose to learn more gladly.

Going the CCNA, then CCNP, then CCIE track a good track to take over the course of the next 2-5 years? I simply want to expand my knowledge, and make more $$$ down the road in the field I enjoy. Network administration is fun, but I think I want to expand into cisco specialization(s).

Ryan.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
Ryan
Loading thread data ...

If you have a pretty good handle on day to day router/network administration *AND* you have good study disciplines, then skip the NA/NP router and go for the CCIE track.

Keep in mind that in most cases, your experience will get you the job. But your certifications may land you the interview.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.