Cisco Catalyst 6509 vs Force 10 E-1200

Just curious if anyone out there has had experience with both of these switches and which one they preferred. We are building a fairly large scale data center, scalable up to 20,000 nodes, so the E-1200 seems like a better unit for doing GigE aggregation. Any who... just curious if anyone out there has an opinion on these units.

Reply to
Bolshaya Plohaya Bilka
Loading thread data ...

I really like the cat 6k in both CAT and IOS mode. The density for gige and 10g I uinderstand is better in the Force 10, so it may be depending on your needs for b/w.

Bolshaya Plohaya Bilka wrote:

Reply to
jw

We never got a chance to eval Force10 boxes. We just returned them w/o ever opening it. But one you you need to consider is support and maintenance. I'm not saying Force10's support is bad (I've never dealt with them). Cisco is rarely #1 in terms of all performance. They almost always lose to one vendor or another in raw throughput etc. But overall, they are a very solid company.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.