Cisco academy assessment (test) question

Is there a way to see the questions you missed, and the correct answer? I can find the "personalized" feedback where it tells you which parts of the course material the missed question falls in, but not the question/answer itself.

Reply to
Mitch
Loading thread data ...

I haven't done any assessment questions. I do want to ask you a question since you said that your instructor uses the Cisco Official exam Library book set. How do you like the material presented there? My instructor does use that and I so I am wondering whether I should just get the Official exam Library book and read that instead of my text books. I want to save time reading stuff that I am already familiar in this book (first course). Also, for Sybex, I am wondering whether I should just get the book for CCNA instead of CCENT and aim at taking exam for CCNA in one shot asap (but with realistic planning). By early or mid December, I should be able to determine my progress (for CCNA) - whether I am reaching my goal to take CCNA exam, say in January or the latest February - and if I feel that I should take CCENT, I can just get the exam cram and go for that.

Reply to
cisco.student.777

Yes your instructor can turn on that feature but whether he/she will would depend upon local academy policy.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

No, I should clarify. We aren't using a textbook. The Cisco online Exploration courseware is our "textbook." The hardcover bound version of this material is optional, but it's the same as the online material.

The book we're using is Network Fundamentals CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide. You can fill in the study guide as you go through the courseware, and of course the labs are here.

I purchased the Cisco and Sybex books so I could hit the material from different angles and hope that it sticks in my brain better.

Reply to
Mitch

Thanks for the clearification. The instructor did say that it's not necessary to have the text book he assigns to the course. In the book, in Introduction before Chapter 1, the book says that it covers more material than the online material. If I knew that I will have these online material to read, I would not have bought the text books.

It sounds like the lab book you use, namely "Network Fundamentals CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide" goes hand in hand with online reading material. That is great. Can you share isbn number with me? I would like to read online material and then do pertinent lab using packet tracer software.

I am concern that too many books with the same material would just bog me down in making progress; So I am trying to decide which book I should primarily use in the first round of study. Then I can use other books to complement. So, in deciding, it doesn't help that CCNA official exam library set comes in a box and I can't see the material (at Barnes and Noble). It probably is more like a typical text book tone than Sybex book.

Reply to
cisco.student.777

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.