Cisco 2520 Router

I recently purchased a 2520 Router from ebay for my home lab. When I attempt to power it up, I never get the "OK" LED to light up. I cannot get any output from the Console port or the AUX port. I know my cables work and I have the terminal software set up correctly as I can configure my other routers just fine. When I shut off the router, I briefly see the 10bT LED light up, and if I plug an active eithernet cable into that port, the 10bT LED lights up.

Am I hosed, or can I bring this back from the dead?

Thanks...

Reply to
rtgaida
Loading thread data ...

Did you open the box?

Check propper seat of ram/flash/power supply connector,

have a running 25xx to replace ram/flash/power supply

if there is definetly no output to Console/AUX, it´s most likely a power issue, one of the voltages might be missing.

Hans

Reply to
Hans-Dieter Kreutzner

Reply to
rtgaida

Hi,

I have a CISCO2520 available with 90 day warranty for $95 and 1 x CISCO2610 [replacement for 2520] for $175 with 90 day warranty as well.

Please let me know if you would like to purchase it.

Rick Truong TruTech Systems Office: +1.951.696.3688 Mobile: +1.951.440.8711 AIM: ricktrutek E-Mail: rick at trutechsystems dot net

Reply to
rick

Hi, please check the boot roms for correct order and orientation -- final option.

Hans

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Hans-Dieter Kreutzner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.