certs

ccie voice/ccna/ccnp/ccsp/ccda/ccdp/mcse/mcsa

all your base are belong to me!

Taking job offerings for $600k/yr

pst :)

Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

With those certs you're worth about $160k...

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Jack of all trades and master of none.

Reply to
Joel Salminen

What experience do you have to add to this impressive list?

Reply to
BernieM

heh, actually it's what I would like to have one day....I looked in a ccie book in barnes and noble, and compare it to what I'm just finishing up the ccna for, and I'm like wtf...I guess it's like any other subject, study from the ground up and it won't seem confusing.

for ccie voice, and / or R/S what would be a good math basis to have to aid the learning process, and be beneficial to QoS estimation ? formulas etc...

Reply to
Anonymous

Keep at it. CCNA is a 1-book exam. CCNP is a 4-book exam. For CCIE you'll be reading many thick, expert-level books. Then you'll learn through the IOS Configuration guides and direct practice.

Algebra, discrete math, and statistics come in handy, but networking is not very math-intensive.

Reply to
hb350001

AS noted above, 5 years of experience will help as much as those certs. I have CCIE, CCNA.CCDA,CCNP,CCDP,CCVP, CQS(3),MCSE,MCSA,MCSE Messaging, CNE,MCNE,A+,NEt+,.... the list goes on and on. The only really worthwhile cert was the CCIE, and at the time the mcse, but over 12 years, the experience is as important as the certs. Both together are more valuable than either alone. There are come morons out there with certs and some seriously qualified people who dont have any certs. All in all, your work experience and your knowledge (real knowledge) at intervie time get you a job. Then its yours to keep or lose.

Cheers Jason

snipped-for-privacy@set.yet wrote:

Reply to
jw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.