CCSP - IOS version for old 2501 router.

Hi folks.

Pursuing the CCSP. Have old router and need the IOS with the firewall feature pack containing the encryption engines (DES, 3DES).

I realize the 'official' answer is to contact my local Cisco partner and pay several thousand $$$. But, don't wish to do that, nor feel it is appropriate for the effort. The router and software is strictly for training.

Any ideas/advice ..?

Reply to
Andre
Loading thread data ...

Hello !

I'm in the same situation as you !

can't get neither put the last IOS firewall on my 2515 Router (not enough memory and can't put Firewall IOS on this Router Model..)

The only answer I found is : I bought a PIX 501 at Ebay from 400 $ CAN. so I can "play" with the IOS Firewall feature !

Reply to
louisv

Good price on the Pix. It is NOT however an IOS firewall feature set, no where even close. Completely different beast. There are des/fw images for the 2500 that only require 10m dram, flash is 16, but that doesn't matter as you can boot it from a tftp server. DRAM is dirt cheap on ebay for it.

example: File name Min. Memory (MB) Min. Flash (MB) Date Released c2500-ik8os-l.122-12l.bin 10 16 21-APR-2005

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

Hello,

Where can I get those FW/DES ROM for the 2500 router ?

Merci

Reply to
louisv

They are readily available on CCO with your appropriate login of course.

formatting link

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

Hello,

The problem of my life is I only have a guest level account @ cisco ... :-(

How can I get a Higher privilege acount ?

Reply to
louisv

someone always asks the question just before me......

me too.

I just bought a bunch of cisco equipment this weekend, and I am going to be looking to upgrade all the IOS's etc. So, how do I get access to this stuff?

Reply to
Kendal Emery

I think that the only way is to buy a support contract.

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Or become a partner

Reply to
Brian V

Hello, I tried that but ,I need the tools they offer to choose the rignt image !

Too many !

Reply to
louisv

What you seek is freely available via download.... Search within yourself my young padawan...

h>

Reply to
Mr Cisco Man

Not true, I have a CCO Login, and I'm not on a support contract, or a reseller, or even a business (although Cisco may think I am), it's not hard to get the material, just be inventive at registration, it's not like you're using an IOS upgrade for anything nefarious, since you're doing Cisco Training anyway.

Google and set up a freeware TFTP Server on any host from Win95 to XP, or get a free Linux implementation, and your set.

Reply to
M5WJF

all cisco IOS for the 2500 series starts with c2500 so a search on c2500 should yield the IOS your looking for. Seach within yourself my young friend and you will find what the letter codes stand for.

h>What you seek is freely available via download....

Reply to
Mr Cisco Man

Initially, I thought I had asked a fairly straightforward question to what I'm painfully discovering is a convulated problem. The problem being where to get IOS software strictly for training, and HOW to determine what software to get. I mistakently thought there were 4, or 5 IOS's applicable to my platforms (2501's). There probably are hundreds.

Now, we via the newsgroups we have to decipher this Davinci-code like stuff to determine whether or not we/I/anyone can download IOS software? As if this stuff wasn't complex enough, we have to figure out HOW to just get to the beginning of the learning curve ..???

Mr Cisco Man wrote:

Reply to
Andre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.