CCSP equipment list

I'm about to start studying for the CCSP, and I'm just looking for a recommended equipment list so that I can build up in a rack.

I've seen this discussion before here but since its nearly two years old, I thought I'd just check again in case any exams updated since use different equipment

formatting link
Cheers..

Reply to
yorke.thom
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Your best bet is to see what relevant equipment is listed for the CCIE sercurity lab exam, including what code versions.

If you dont want to pay the money, you can always do online rack rentals.

Reply to
Jax

Surely the CCIE would require a lot more equipment for study purposes than the CCSP.

I've done the CCNP already, so I'm fairly Cisco literate.

Reply to
yorke.thom

If you happen to work for a cisco partner, you should check out the PEC (Partner E-learning Center a la

formatting link
which has a number of lab scenarios available to you that include real-live Cisco equipment -- you don't have to follow their labs, just their network topology, otherwise you can do what you want with the kit in the time you've got it checked-out.

If you don't work for a Cisco partner, you're going to have to drop some heavy coinage to get all the gear you need.

Best of luck!

-C

rentals.Surely the CCIE would require a lot more equipment for study purposes

Reply to
C.J. Steele

The CSPFA course for the PIX is now redundant, and has been replaced with the SNPA which tests on PIX OS 7x, therefore the PIX 501 can no longer be used for the CSSP since it can only use PIX OS 6x. I'm not too sure about the 515, but worth checking.

Reply to
smokejo

Cheers, checked that, and yes the 515 does support 7.0, which is good as I have access to one.

Reply to
yorke.thom

yes , the ccie requires more equipment, but there's no rule that says you can't use a ccie security lab to study for individual ccsp exams. think outside the box.

Reply to
Jax

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.