CCSP device list

Please post a reasonable device list to obtain CCSE certification. Please DO NOT post a link to the CISCO website.

Reply to
Mr Cisco Man
Loading thread data ...

I assume you mean CCSP, not CCSE.

• At least two routers. Both should support current IOS levels. One should support IOS firewall feature set and both should support IPSec
  • CA server (you can use Microsoft 2000/2003 server or a 3640 or higher router)
  • PIX 501 running 6.3--can't do failover, but can do everything else
  • VPN 3005 concentrator running 4.x
  • VPN 3002 hardware client--don't be surprised to see 20% of the CSVPN exam focused on this
  • IDS 4210 running 4.1
  • Cisco VPN 4.x software client (free)
  • Cisco Secure ACS (download the 90-day trial version)
  • CiscoWorks VMS (download the trial version)

Two of these are expensive: if you're patient, you can find both the 3005 and 4210 for less than $1K on ebay. If you're thinking about going for your Security CCIE, then for the routers, I would definitely get used 3640s with

128MB of RAM and 32MB of flash.

Cheers!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Deal

Thank you Sir! That is exactly what I was looking for. I did mean CCSP, and what you posted was of a great help. I do plan of trying for the CCIE Security. One last question.... why the 3640 instead of say a

3620 or the 26xx series? Thanks aga>I assume you mean CCSP, not CCSE.
Reply to
Mr Cisco Man

The 3640 runs the latest 12.3T trains whereas the 3620 doesn't. Because of flash and RAM, I typically shy away from the 2600s if you want to run Enterprise software, which is what you'll need for the CCIE.

Cheers!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Deal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.