CCSP 642 503

Hi

Can I use the text book for 501 (SECUR) to prepare the 503 exam? There is no text book avaliable for 503. By the way, which models of router and switch do I need for practicing purpose?

Thanks

Reply to
a
Loading thread data ...

I just passed this exam. I studied from the recently released 503 Quick Reference sheets which are downloadable from the Cisco Press website. I found that the only way to get an idea of how much is required on the new syllabus, then cross referenced that with the 502 SNRS exam study guide and PDFs off the Cisco web site to beef up each section. Not an easy exam to prepare for as a consequence, but definitely start by getting those Quick Reference sheets. Before I downloaded those I had no idea just how much was required in each section. They only cost about US$20 or so.

With regards to practicing if you can get hold of some recent IOS images for 7200 or 3600 routers, set up the Dynamips open source router to practice on. I found that invaluable for practicing all the various types of VPN.

Best of luck :-)

Reply to
Edgeley Exile

Thanks for your reply. Why would u suggest 7200 or 3600? Any particular feature from them?

"Edgeley Exile" ???????:47c0b54f$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Reply to
a

The Dynamips program only emulates certain models of router. The 7200 and 3600 were the easiest to set up in my experience.

Reply to
Edgeley Exile

Can I use 1900 and 2610 or 2501 to practice? Is there any particular requirement for the equipments?

3600 is a layer 3 switch. Any topics are related to layer 3 switching for ccsp?

Thanks a lot

"Edgeley Exile" ???????:47c71b68$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Reply to
a

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.