CCNP - Best books for BSCI self study?

Finished my CCNA (used Sybex book) & thinking about studying BSCI next. I hear the Cisco press books are all you need & the Sybex ones aren't as good. I see multiple Cisco press books for it tho, which one is better? I'd rather read one 1000 page book rather than 2 or 3 if possible.

Reply to
tb
Loading thread data ...

I'd agree with that and have only very rarely seen posts suggesting the Sybex ones are as good.

I have always used the Exam Cert Guides as opposed to the pure Self-Study guides and it was more than enough to get me past it. I'm always a bit unsure about the real differences but AIUI the exam guides tend to be a bit shorter, assume more knowledge and come with a CD with practice tests. If you only want to buy one then I'd think the Certification guide is the one to go for, you can get all 4 in a box set for a reasonable discount. I virtually always use compman.co.uk as they service has always been good, prices are about the lowest around and if you sign up to their mailing list then every few months they seem to offer an extra 10% discount. Currently 74.74 GBP from them:

Reply to
Paul Womar

Reply to
<asvx89

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.