Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- CCNA question
- gregg johnstone
September 29, 2006, 8:02 pm
rate this thread
The network administrator wants to configure a static route for backup
purposes on a router already configured with RIP. What command will
This was the answer
Router(config)# ip route 192.168.14.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.15.2 130
However I thought RIPs AD was 120?
so I answered
Router(config)# ip route 192.168.14.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.15.2
because of the other two answers
Router(config)# ip route 192.168.14.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.15.2 100
(this is IGRP)
Router(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s1(this is a default route)
were the other 2 answers
Re: CCNA question
If it's a backup route you typically only want it active when a primary
route is unavailable so that's why the AD has been made greater than the
primary routes AD. The other three answers would have given the backup
route the same AD or made it lower which would have increased the likelihood
of the backup route being active in favour of the primary route.
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Caller ID stumper [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » 5 things to consider before buying Explosion Proof Camera
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Home Automation