CCNA Preperation Help

I am hoping to take the CCNA exam by the end of April. I am broke and can't afford the expensive schools out there. What is the least expensive yet productive way to study for the exam? Appreciate your help.

Reply to
JDLusan
Loading thread data ...

Try the Todd Lamme book from Sybex. Also read a little more in depth from the CCNA Prep center at Cisco.com and also the Cisco.com documentation.

Read more about NAT, OSPF and know Frame Relay. I think the Todd Lamme book is a little light on these areas.

You should rent some rack time or get a sim (the boson one is good for CCNA) or grab some real kit from ebay.

That should get you there for little cost.

Good Luck

Reply to
genki

Thank you so much for your help. What do you think about the Richard Deal book published by McGraw Hill/Osborne?

Reply to
JDLusan

I'm reading Todd's book now and it's OK. Do you have a link for some more NAT reading on the web? This part is still fuzzy for me.

Thx.

Reply to
Dude

has some conceptual errors. moreso than others mentioned. it could be used well. depends how you use it - whether errors throw you off course. It's likely that you could pass the exam even with misunderstandings. Allowing too many misunderstandings is unwise for the future, even if you do pass.

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

This has been answered before on the list.

The Cisco website has lots of great material on NAT. Search through the website using google and you will find docs like

formatting link
which should help you firm up your knowledge of NAT.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.