CCNA plan of attack

Hi all,

Please believe me that i have been searching for a while now on how best to get on the CCNA train but i'm still slightly confused and really don't want to spend any money before being confident that i've got a plan! I'm fairly comfortable with networking etc. so i'm not starting from scratch. As i can't afford real equipment or time off work to attend courses i'm already bound to rely on books and simulators, that much i do know. Also, it seems that you can take the CCNA exam in 2 parts (640-811) and (640-821) or in one go. So i'll decide now i'm going to go for the single exam (640-801).

It seems there are 3 routes that are generally recommended consistently in these forums for someone like myself.

1. Get Sybex/Todd Lammle books with certSim software and follow up with mock exams/questions etc from numerous sources.
  2. Cisco press books with Boson simulators and follow up with mock exams/questions etc from numerous sources.
  3. Both of the above together for a more complete understanding.

My confusion however is pulling it all together, it seems there are many books from both Cisco press and Sybex, some come with CD's etc but seemingly with light versions of the simulators etc. Then there are companion guides and all sorts of other books that in the end make me wonder where exactly should i start?

Lets say i go for option 1, would it be recommended then to buy: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (640-801) + certSim direct from web. OR CCNA Certification Kit: Exam 640-801 with CCNA Virtual Lab Platinum Edition (is this a lite version of certSim????)

Or for option 2: CCNA preparation library (2 book bundle from Cisco) + Boson netSim direct from web.

Any comments welcome! Sorry from the long mail but it would be good to get a definitive plan together before spending money.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Reply to
mastermagrath
Loading thread data ...

I wouldnt buy anything-get it all 4 free off Demonoid,let me know if you are unsure how to use Torrent files Try CCNA learnkey and Actual Test Questions CCNA Also you can get the whole CCNA course from cisco off Demonoid as well-save you a few shekels

Reply to
daytime

Hmmm...demonoid...ok, thanks for the tip. Luzer!!!

You're a f**king fool!!! Hmmm...lets see, steal from Cisco, steal from Cisco, and steal from Cisco...is that what you're suggesting?

Do you seriously think that someone who has spent time researching (legitimate) ways to *legally* EARN his certifications would want to STEAL and use STOLEN material???

Where do you get off coming into a Cisco newsgroup and recommending ILLEGAL material??

Your IP Address and other information have been logged at CertGuard, and you have been reported to Cisco for Cheating.

I suggest you LEARN a little more about the people you're F**KING while you cheat.

formatting link

Reply to
CertGuard

It was merely a suggestion-no need to get all uncool and heavy. You must be commission based,I can understand your anger, and to a lesser extent feel your pain. Merry Christmas

Reply to
daytime

I installed BitTorrent but can't seem to download any files. Help?

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

----------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
Paul

Which client are you using? I use Azureus,have you tried the wiki?

formatting link
I got in the sh*t from the above poster,so I will PM you if you want to discuss further ;)

Reply to
daytime

Merry x-mas to you too. No, no commission, h3ll, no profit even. It just p!ss3s me off that you lazy bastigs can't figure out that stealing test questions, cheating to get certifications that you haven't EARNED, and sharing stolen material, is what is screwing up this industry.

Look at it this way. Let's just imagine that YOU spent hours of your own free time, after a full 8-hour day of work, everyday, for months, preparing for an exam. You go in and take that exam and pass it, then you come into a newsgroup like this to find that people are passing around the actual answers to the exam that you just busted your @$$ to take.

Now, think about all those idiots that are taking the exams, with little to no knowledge of the equipment they're working on. How would you feel if you had to work next to one of those morons? How would you feel if one of those morons was your boss and you had to do what he told you to do? Would you take the heat for his screw ups?

So, for future reference, please don't 'suggest' the use of illegal material, cheating, or stealing.

Reply to
CertGuard

No problem-I am doing as you are saying-I work all day and then study at college , I suppose everyone wants a little help-I find the test questions ok ,but not a great help-as you have to understand the concepts first-through hard study. Peace to you sir.

Reply to
daytime

Just make sure you understand the material you're trying to pawn off on people that really do want to EARN their certificates. And if you can't take the time to figure out if the material you're suggesting is legal or illegal, then leave it to people that do know.

Reply to
CertGuard

Sir-one must protest, "Pawn off" is a very strong statement, I receive no ,nor would wish for, any fiscal gain from these links-if knowledge is now hard currency then I would be guilty only of insider dealing-NOT embezzlement. I consider the matter now closed-good day 2 i sir. Happy New Year ,foshizzle

Reply to
daytime

FYI, by definition, "Pawn off" means "To dispose or get rid of deceptively". Which is exactly what you were trying to do. Now please, stop trying to pawn off illegal wares onto people that would prefer to EARN their certifications.

When you try to pawn off information that was acquired illegally, you are in violation of the Non-Disclosure Agreement that you signed when you took the exam.

Please RE-read them:

formatting link
Now, if you continue to dispute the fact that what you have done is in fact

*illegal* and you continue to pawn off illegal material, then I will be forced to report you to Cisco.

DON'T do it again!!!

Reply to
CertGuard

formatting link

okey dokey ,thanks for setting me straight-I haev a question about VLSM

If I use a class C address and use the first subnet with a /26 mask

2nd subnet uses /27 3rd subnet uses /28 4th subnet uses /29

whihc if I am correct takes me to .120

can I then use a /26 address again? taking me to .184 ?

TIA

Reply to
daytime

No need to quiz me, I'm not here to pretend that I know everything. Yes, I have completed all four of the CCNA courses, but that was over 3 years ago and I haven't been actively working with it.

My goal here is to make sure that people like you don't try to pawn off illegal material. Something tells me that you STILL haven't learned though. Your information is being kept for future record. Thanks.

Reply to
CertGuard

Thanks very much

Reply to
daytime

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.