CCNA OSPF Question

Hi,.

Had a OSPF sim with 3 routers in 3 cities, the new router had no OSPF routes. Check showed 2 networks in ospf but one was in area 1 not 0 so changed this as they all should of been in 0. I could Ping across the wan link okay.

I was running out of time and didn't fix it anyone had this, what else are they looking for ??

Ta JJ

Reply to
Jack Jumpin
Loading thread data ...

This is *EXACTLY* the sort of thing which your acceptance of the nondisclosure agreement requires you to keep confidential. Somebody had to go to a lot of work to create that problem and design it into the test. By sharing the specific details with all & sundry, the value of that question to Cisco in evaluating applicants' skills is now nil. There's a big difference between offering helpful guidance and just handing out the answer.

Reply to
Mike Dorn

I just took the test myself (recertification) and got the same question.

There are 3 errors on the same line: Number one, the Area 1 should have been area 0. Number two/three, the subnet and subnet mask listed in the ospf command is incorrect. They had it as: network X.X.X.0 0.0.0.4 area 1 when it should have been network X.X.X.8 0.0.0.3 area 0

Remember the serial IP was X.X.X.9/30.

Reply to
nmajsa

your right. I was looking at this more as a teaching example than a test question. I'm accustomed to mentoring other people and explaining things to death.

Reply to
nmajsa

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.