CCNA INTRO 640-821

Hi All,

I am going for my CCNA intro exam on monday, I have gone through all the material and am relatively confident, just thought I'd ask a few questions....

For the INTRO exam, will I need to know all about:

-Variable length subnets

-STP

-VLAN

-OGRP

-EIGRP

If so, what is left for the ICND exams??

Any other tips for me?

:)

Reply to
Brad
Loading thread data ...

s... U r right.. In ICND u will have all the Cisco command and troubleshooting question n also u will get question from WAN.

Reply to
Manis

lol OGRP

Reply to
daytime

I know, that's where I struggled to be honest, I think it's why I failed the exam

Reply to
Den

I think as long as you use the same AS number it is ok

Reply to
daytime

I just did some testing on my lab, that's where I was going wrong before, thanks for the tip

Reply to
Den

;) enuff already!

Reply to
daytime

For the INTRO exam it is just as it is named, you are going to be asked alot of definition questions with multiple choice answers. The questions that are simulations will only have you do basic stuff such as putting an address on an interface or setting up a routing protocol on an interface. There is some subnetting involved but not like the ICND. On the ICND exam you really have to know your stuff there is 40 questions with 60 minutes to do them. At least 10 involve subnetting along with doing some type of simulation. The simulations in the ICND are indepth with 2-3-4 parts to them. The test goes indepth into the various protocols and you have to understand how such things like Frame Relay works as in how you set it up, how packets move through devices etc. Hopefully this gives you some insight into it. Good Luck on the exams.

G
Reply to
ghayslip

No idea where I got OGRP from...

I passed the INTRO exam with 970 or so.. :)

Reply to
Brad

The letter "O" is next to the letter "I" on your keyboard.

Congrats, btw.

Reply to
John Agosta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.