CCNA exam structure

Hello,

I would like to challenge CCNA exam, without taking any course. Is it there more than just one exam? What's the structure of the exam and what are the recommended videotraining software.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Host
Loading thread data ...

It is my opinion but I think you could pass the test without taking a course but not without a few things having been done.

The test is written using "the Cisco way." In order to grasp everything that is on the exam you are going to have to read the Cisco texts FOR THE CLASS. Note that there are texts that are for people who do not take the class....do NOT Read those texts. Read the course texts. They are more closely aligned with the course material and do not offer material that are not covered on the exam. There were four texts when I took the exam and you are going to have to buy those texts and know them inside and out. Not everything is on the test but I cannot tell you what I think is not covered.

Then there is the exam configuration. You do not have to take the classes to pass the configuration but you are going to have to know all of the protocols covered in the classes. If you think you know the protocols well enough you should have no problem.

You are going to have to be able to subnet under pressure to answer certain questions. Could be subnetting on both areas of the exam, the multiple choice and the configuration.

Reply to
QuadZeroRoute

It is my opinion but I think you could pass the test without taking a course but not without a few things having been done.

The test is written using "the Cisco way." In order to grasp everything that is on the exam you are going to have to read the Cisco texts FOR THE CLASS. Note that there are texts that are for people who do not take the class....do NOT Read those texts. Read the course texts. They are more closely aligned with the course material and do not offer material that are not covered on the exam. There were four texts when I took the exam and you are going to have to buy those texts and know them inside and out. Not everything is on the test but I cannot tell you what I think is not covered.

Then there is the exam configuration. You do not have to take the classes to pass the configuration but you are going to have to know all of the protocols covered in the classes. If you think you know the protocols well enough you should have no problem.

You are going to have to be able to subnet under pressure to answer certain questions. Could be subnetting on both areas of the exam, the multiple choice and the configuration.

Thank you! Do you have the titles of those texts please, so I can buy them? When did you pass the exam, are there changes in 2008 compare to 2007? What's the number of the exam so I can register for it? Or, are there 2 exams, like in A+?

Reply to
Host

Are the Cisco Academy assessments similar to the Cisco CCNA exams?

Reply to
Mitch

If you have a local college offering Cisco Academy program classes, the books used on those classes would be the text books but if I were you, I'd just buy Wendell's CCNA Officiali Exam library book. If you want another one, get the one(s) from Sybex. Read the thread "CCNA" in this ng where Perry explains all this.

Reply to
cisco.student.777

Essentially yes - except the cert exams have more than just the multi-choice items that you get in the Academy chapter and Final exams.

The drag and drop items in the end of chapter quizzes have the same style as those in the cert exams.

In the 4th CCNA Exploration course - Accessing the WAN your instructor can activate some practice cert exams that include the simulation and testlet style that are in the real cert exams.

The major difference is that in the Academy exams you can control how many questions you display per screen and you can go back and review your answers before you submit them - in the cert exam you get presented with one question at a time and you *cannot* go back and re-do a question once you have submitted it.

Also don't forget that if you get 70% or better on your first attempt at theFinal Exam for Exploration: Accessing the WAN you are eligible for a discount voucher for the cert exam.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Yow!

Reply to
Mitch

Thanks!

Is that old crap about frame relays still on the Cisco exams?

Reply to
Host

Nobody is allowed to speak about the Cisco exam, but *if* I knew what CCNA was like, then I'd say that Frame Relay concepts *are* indeed covered in the exam.

Reply to
Intuitive

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.