CCNA, does it cover ATM and 1900 Switches

I`m currently studing for the CCNA and in the Sybex book it covers the

1900 switches and ATM networks, however I did the bootcamp recently and was told that the 1900 switch is not in the exam (Catalysts 2900 Series is used) and ATM is not covered that much.

I`ve never used a 1900 and my company doesn`t have any, so am wondering whether it is worth studying the command line structure and only have a brief understanding of ATM, should I include these in my studying?

Thanks

Reply to
Rob45
Loading thread data ...

I don't think you need to know anything beyond the fact that ATM is a cell switching technology for the purpose of the exam. I would also venture a guess that an ATM question will be weighted very lightly so you won't suffer much by answering it wrong.

As far as the actual switch type is concerned, 2900 is (AFAIK) the currently used gear and even then you only need to be concerned with IOS commands more than with the type of a switch it runs on.

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

Thanks very much, taking it tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Reply to
Rob45

Passed it today with a 910.

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Rob45

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.