CCNA -> CCNP

if i pass my CCNA, then say it expires, then say a year after its expired i take CCNP and pass, will my CCNA be re certified or will i just get the CCNP?

Reply to
Christo
Loading thread data ...

You'll have neither. A valid CCNA is a requiement for getting your CCNP.

Reply to
Brian V

is it, i assumed that you didn't need to CCNA, i thought you could go in at whatever level you wanted?

im shocked

Reply to
Christo

You need a CCNA to do a CCNP or a CCDA or basically anything else.

You DONT need a CCNA to get a CCIE, but you'd be hardpressed to do so.

Reply to
yamahasw40

Brian V is quite right.

If you're looking for a shortcut, you can always go straight to CCIE level as there is no pre-requisite ;-)

Reply to
Keith Gamble

oh no im kinda doing my CCNA .3 now, so will probably be CCNA cert'd by end of this year, just looking to do CCNP aftrwards and was wondering if i could do it at a later time.

Would you say CCNP was a ig step up from CCNA or would say its quite a comfotable step up?

what about CCSP? is that any good?

Reply to
Christo

CCNP is a comfortable step up.

CCNA is knowing a little about a lot. With each CCNP exam, you focus in one one core area - plus a few bits a pieces that Cisco couldn't think where to stick anywhere else. So, yes, you go into greater depth, but in general the material is more sensibly interrelated for each exam. I reckon each CCNP exam will take you around half the time that the entire CCNA takes, meaning the four exams will take you about twice as long.

Reply to
yamahasw40

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.