CCNA book? Is this a good one?

Ok, first, sorry on the attachment. Can U pls just tell me one thing. Is this book (707 pages) gonna B sufficient 4 my certification? I mean 4 preparing. (beside Router simulators and similar things of course).

I have this book in PDF format (13 Mb)

Tnx in forward

Reply to
Jay
Loading thread data ...

This one: Cisco CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Ed (T.Lammle)(2005) Sybex

Reply to
Jay

The books that I use are: CCNA INTRO Exam Certification Guide 640-821 CCNA ICND Exam Certification Guide 640-811

Writted by Wendell Odom, CCIE

Reply to
Antonio Bernal Abril

The Sybex book is considered a good resource and tends to read easier than the Cisco Press (the ones I am using) read. Follow the exam objectives and do the questions, labs and examples until you're very confident on the material and you should be good to go.

Reply to
Cisco Kid

I thought the same. Tnx man

Reply to
Roibos

I used it and found it mostly good, but with a lot of errors. The errors are frustrating, but they are actually helpful if you can pick them out. This means that you understand the concepts as opposed to memorizing them. The book does not have anything on natting either, which is on the exam. I used this along with the Cisco Press Flash card book. I would suggest having more than one book.

Reply to
Epitome67

if he wrote the concepts wrong then it means you spent a LONG time googling and reading other books.

if you're talking little errors in question and answers then that's a diff matter.

if there are conceptual erros ten it's a good diea to post them here so they're archived

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

I'm talking about errors in questions and answers. Sybex has most of them outlined on their website, but not all. It means I've been doing this for eight years and FINALLY got around to studying for and taking the test. I found the studying part helpful as I did learn a lot and 'discovered' some of the theory behind what I have been working with for years.

Reply to
Epitome67

I have always had good luck with Sybex books.

-----Original Message----- From: snipped-for-privacy@list.memphistw.org [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@list.memphistw.org] On Behalf Of Epitome67 Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 5:16 PM To: snipped-for-privacy@list.memphistw.org Subject: [Cisco] Re: CCNA book? Is this a good one?

I'm talking about errors in questions and answers. Sybex has most of them outlined on their website, but not all. It means I've been doing this for eight years and FINALLY got around to studying for and taking the test. I found the studying part helpful as I did learn a lot and 'discovered' some of the theory behind what I have been working with for years.

_______________________________________________ Cisco mailing list snipped-for-privacy@list.memphistw.org

formatting link

Reply to
Patrick Siglin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.