Catalyst WS-2924-XL IOS image

Hello all:

I am a newbee to cisco routers and switches. I have a Catalyst WS-2924-XL switch without an IOS image, the promt is switch: . I uploaded IOS file "c2900XL-h-mz-112.8-SA3" from another Catalyst WS-2924-XL, but after downloading this file I am not able to boot the switch, I am getting error message "error loading c2900XL-h-mz-112.8-SA3, I even tried command "set BOOT flash:c2900XL-h-mz-112.8-SA3", but no luck. When I do "dir flash:" I do see the imported file. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, does any one know how to upload html directory to tftp server, I could not upload by typing command "copy flash:html tftp: .

Peace.

Reply to
baig17
Loading thread data ...

It seems to me that you are running an IOS on that switch if you can use DIR and SET BOOT. If you didn't have an IOS you would boot ROMMON which is very limited.

Commonly the set boot variable is not entered properly. Make sure your flash is referred to as flash instead of bootflash. If it were bootflash you would use 'set boot system bootflash:c2900XL-h-mz.112.8-SA3'.

Reply to
ITBob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.