hi there

does anyone know if call manager can run on the following computer:

Compaq Proliant 1850r Server

Cheers

paul

Reply to
Paul
Loading thread data ...

Does it meet the specs for the Cisco branded, HP and IBM servers given here?

formatting link
Quoting: "Although the CCM4.x software runs on Windows 2000 Server, ... Cisco limits the server platforms to "Media Convergance Servers" of certain IBM & HP. I don't know if this "limiting" is actually technically or legal.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Aubrey,

Thanks mate!

That's fantastic... the link got me to the right place...because I then saw that another server the Compaq Proliant DL380 Server is certified with CCM version 4. I can buy this one for $495 NZ which is not too shabby considering I paid around $20K for the damn thing in the year 2000.

PS: with a name like that... are you perhaps from Cape Town?

Cheers once again for the link. Much appreciated.

paulv

Reply to
Paul

With appropriate registry tweaks, you can get CCM to install on any Windows

2000 server.

Hell, I have it running as a virtual machine on a Windows 2003 box.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Glad to help :-)

??? Ok, I do live in Perth, Western Australia (born and bred here) which in addition to being known as South Singapore is also gaining a reputation as "East Jo'burg", but no, I ain't no Seth Afreekaan. :-)

Closest I've to been S. Africa is Mauritius - but Cape Town is definitely on the agenda to visit one day - would love to sail into that harbour.

Aussie Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have it working on a win2k server virtual machine running on my xp home computer and at work. But I'm keen to get a proper setup working properly with the proper cisco routers and switches and hook up some family across the web, a neighbour or two using my aironet bridge, etc etc.

So instead of trying to tie up my own pc, i thought i might as well buy a dedicated box. The the price of the one I was looking at was only NZD 180, so how could i lose?

However, Aubrey gave me a link that showed that the one I was looking at wasn't on the list that supported version 4. There's another one that costs about NZD500 that is, so that's the one I'm going for.

I could probably run unity on it as well in a virtual session which leaves my home pc free to do silly stuff with. :)

Thanks for the feedback tho.

cheers

paulv

Reply to
Paul

Hi Jonathan,

Would you care to share the appropriate registry tweaks with the news group? I did some research and managed to get the supposed tweaks to get Call Manager 3.3 running on any machine, however I was never able to get it working in my test lab.

We run 3 clustered server configuration at work and it would be great if I could get something working in our test lab for training the rest of the team here, without fear of taking the live system down.

Any help much appreciated.

Dom

Reply to
Router God

"Router God hotmail.com>" Hi Jonathan,

If you installed CCM 3.3(2), it doesn't work without patches.

However, you may also not have activated it.

There should be a link for service activation, open it and activate the services, you cannot do so directly from the system properties.

Go here:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:pDchj4qvz20J:

formatting link
Ignore the SQL instructions (the CCM install will do that).

Make sure you patch it to the latest 3.3(5), that version is bulletproof (the best version of CCM out there, when we patch customers to this version, we never get another support call from them again).

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks for the information Johnathan.

On further investigation, I've found that I was actually trying to install version 3.1 as this was the base product we started with and have followed the upgrade path to version 3.3. Unfortunately, I don't think the Upgrade Pack give you all the disks to start from scratch, so I can't load version 3.3. Does anyone know if you can successfully load version 3.1 using the same or slightly modified registry hacks?

I might try the 'Floppy boot disk' method mentioned in your link. I'm assuming once I get version 3.1 installed, I can run the upgrade pack to get me to version 3.3.

Once again, thanks for your input.

Dom

Reply to
Router God

Just found loads more information on that site which you posted the link for. I'll have a good read of it and try re-installing following the guidelines on there.

We now have a full installation copy of version 4, so I think try and install that rather than mess around with version 3.1 and the 3.3 upgrade.

Dom

Reply to
Router God

"Router God hotmail.com>" Just found loads more information on that site which you posted the

The best version of CallManager in production is 3.3(5)

4.0 ad 4.1 do not add anything of any significance (the security is overrated).

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.