BSCI Exam

Has anyone recently taken the BSCI exam as i'm due to sit it in two weeks and would appreciate some insight into what the Lab's & questions are like. I'm doing the course which is great for the hands-on but if the questions are anything like the Switching & Remote Access exams there is going to be something that's not in the book..!!!

Thanks,

Alan

Reply to
29killeen
Loading thread data ...

I've just finished one. (passed :-) ) Things I've noticed:

1. High level of details required for some questions (default values, behaviour in rather unusual situation, or in case of obvious misconfiguration)
  2. Broad spectrum - many of the questions were across two or more different areas.
  3. A lot of configuration to analyse and understand. Questions like - according to the exhibit - which answer best describes the behaviour of routerX.
  4. Sims - again - some questions where drilling pretty deep into the details. To sum these up - a through knowledge is required (and some luck as well).

Good luck with your exam.

pshemko

Reply to
pshemko

Hi, Which books did u use for learning to bsci?

Regards, Leonarad

Reply to
leonard

I'm using the official book from cisco press

Reply to
29killeen

The cisco press 'BSCI self-study' book (can't remember the actual title, but that was 3rd edtion ;-) )

kind regards pshemko

Reply to
pshemko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.