Boot ROMS for a 2620

Can anybody tell me the best way to obtain Boot ROMS for a 2620? Or at what level I would need to be at to be able to support 32MB of FLASH? I actually picked up a set of Boot ROMS on eBay for a 2500 a few years ago, but I didn't find just Boot ROMS there.

Thanks in advance,

Mikey

Reply to
CiscoKid
Loading thread data ...

I've never seen the ROMS for sale by themselves for a 2600 series. Usually you have to buy the kit with includes them. Part number your looking for is MEM2620-32FSBoot=

Reply to
Brian V

To support 32M Flash the minimum boot ROM version is 12.1(3r)T1, and the minimum Cisco IOS® Software version is 12.1(3)T. If you have 12.1.x then it must have a T, XM or YX on the end; i.e. 12.1.3T

The Boot ROM is upgraded with the IOS upgrade. If you have installed a blank flash then you need to either XModem the IOS image on or use the tftpdnld command from rommon mode.

It is very likely that the following instructions from Cisco's website will also work:

Issue the global configuration boot system tftp filename [ip-address] command to boot to a file from a TFTP server. To boot a file named "c2600-is-mz.121-5.T10.bin" from a TFTP server with an IP address of

10.1.1.2, this would be the command:

2620(config)#boot system tftp c2600-is-mz.121-5.T10.bin 10.1.1.2

2620(config)#^Z 2620#write mem Before reloading the router, verify these steps:

You can ping the TFTP server address from the router. The TFTP server software is running. The file is in the root directory of the TFTP server. The filename is spelled correctly. It must be exact. It is case sensitive, as in the following example:

2620#reload Issue the copy tftp flash command to copy the new image to Flash. This is necessary because booting from a TFTP server only writes the Cisco IOS file to RAM. This is done after the router comes up with the new Cisco IOS. Once the compatible image is copied to Flash, remove the boot system tftp command, as follows:

2620(config)#no boot system tftp c2600-is-mz.121-5.T10.bin 10.1.1.2

2620(config)#^Z 2620#write mem

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Kayes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.