Best prep material to pass CCNA exam?

Hi,

I failed my CCNA today with 737. I know where I failed. I ran out of time and had to skip the 2 sim questions in my exam, and rush the last 13 questions. I have 2 MCP's so I have sat IT exams before, but I must admit I was not prepared for the 55 questions in 90 mins.

I would like to know what preparation material you used to pass your CCNA exam. Especially prep exam questions that helped you pass. I have Boson exam questions (850+ questions), 2 routers, an ISDN sim, network visualizer 4.06 and Todd Lamle Sybex guide and I have attended a really good CCNA weekend bootcamp in the UK. (I'm from UK).

Do I need to buy a switch? And exactly what are the best exam prep questuions out there? The boson ones I had seemed ok, but as some of them are wrong (get this sorted Boson) and don't even know about subnet zero, I think I need to get some decent proven exam questions before I take the exam again.

many thanks in advance for any advice.

Ps. No spam about XYZ company that has the best questions and just a link. Helpful written advice from real people only please. Thanks.

Reply to
johnny
Loading thread data ...

I used two items. First of all I used a Global Knowledge flash training course and then I followed up by thoroughly reading the Cisco Press CCNA Prep book. From what I remember I put a lot of emphasis on knowing exactly how to determine subnets and how to make my own based on some requirement.

In your case I would recommend that you get access to at least two routers and two switches so you can enable routing protocols like RIP, IGRP. Just about everything in CCNA you can practice with one router, but two is better.

Thats my two cents or two pence in your case.

Reply to
jdsal

if I could advise i would, but i'm studying lammle too, you're ahead.

Where is the really good bootcamp you went to in the uk?

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

My advice is read the book and try to really understand what the books are trying to tell you. CCNA is very basic certification. Don't get discouraged, just read the books to understand the technology as opposed to reading the book to pass an exam. If you do the former, you won't have any problems.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

I would say don't buy the equipments.

If you have the Cisco Press books, my suggestion is study the questions at the end of each chapter. Make sure you know the correct answer.

Also, the similator questions is simple that doesn't need to practice on a real machine. For the borken similator question, you need to read the configuration on each router and find the one missing the routing configure and add it back. You need to run a ping test after add back the missing configure and save it.

If you have Boson try it on the similator before exam.

"johnny" ¦b¶l¥ó news:CbYnf.19781$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net ¤¤¼¶¼g...

Reply to
hdu

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.