Bernie or Hansang Bae?

Even though he says he will take a look at the router later, he really meant yet aga The latency issue exists because the server needs a second static IP. And for some reason, routing through ports takes longer and causes these delays/timeouts.

There are 3 solutions to this problem that I have to undertake:

1. Upgrade the server software. This is a major thing. I anticipate doing this by April.
  2. Upgrade the OS to the latest version which supposedly helps with an MTU issue. I will do this this week.
  3. Static IP

If these 3 things don't fix the problem, then I will take a closer look at the router and its settings, including upgrading the router to something more substantial.

SM

Reply to
GoneBeforeMyTime
Loading thread data ...

Another bit...

Even though he says he will take a look at the router later, he really meant yet aga The latency issue exists because the server needs a second static IP. And for some reason, routing through ports takes longer and causes these delays/timeouts.

1. Upgrade the server software. This is a major thing. I anticipate doing this by April.
  2. Upgrade the OS to the latest version which supposedly helps with an MTU issue. I will do this this week.
  3. Static IP

If these 3 things don't fix the problem, then I will take a closer look at the router and its settings, including upgrading the router to something more substantial.

Reply to
GoneBeforeMyTime

another bit...

3. Static IP

Reply to
GoneBeforeMyTime

Might be dns issues. Try to ping his ip and then ping his domain name. They should be very close to the same. As well, does you friend have reverse dns enabled? Some isp's are kinda funny and really need it to be enabled as per some RFC before they are happy about you going there (phishing and all). Crap router won't matter.

./gary

Reply to
Gary Balliet

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.