BCMSN 642-811 - CatOS?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone that has sat for this test can tell me whether or not I should know the command set for CatOS? According to my Cisco Press study guide, CatOS is not covered in the official course, but I don't know if I should be studying the commands, as I've seen several people mention that there were some CatOS questions on the test. Were these simply questions about how to convert from CatOS to IOS, or did you have to know actual commands?

Thanks for any advice you may provide!

- Phillip

Reply to
pcmccollum
Loading thread data ...

Okay, trying to bump this message to top of some of your newsreaders.... And Google Groups. C'mon, someone must have an answer!

Thanks. :)

Reply to
pcmccollum

i took it a year ago, no set based router question

Reply to
Tayfun Tuna

Good to hear! Thank you for the response.

- Phillip

Reply to
pcmccollum

What's wrong with

formatting link

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Great, thank you all very much for your replies. I'm sitting this for next week, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to memorize a whole other command set as I've never had to work with CatOS.

Thanks again,

Phillip

Reply to
pcmccollum

I took this exam a week ago (passed with 880) and there were no Cat OS type commands, questions etc.

The book I used "CCNP Self Study BCMSN Second Edition" by Richard Froom was excellent. It also lent heavily towards the IOS commands and although it did cover Cat OS commands i felt it strongly implied that you should concentrate on the IOS command set.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I sat for this on Tuesday this week and passed with an 890!! Thanks for all of your help, and there were no CatOS questions to be found.

Phillip

Reply to
pcmccollum
820 Obscure questions No CatOS

Lots of spanning tree

Reply to
tcollicutt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.