basic stuff, just a bit stuck

The startup configuration file is loaded into memory as the running configuration file when the router boots up.

When you enter the privilege exec mode and then the configuration mode to issue configuration commands, you are working on the running configuration file. There is no need to load the startup configuration file again, unless you have special reasons to do so.

After completing the configuration, you should save the running configuration file into the startup configuration file using the command "copy running-config startup-config".

KPLAB

formatting link
- Free CCNA Study Guide

Reply to
kplab
Loading thread data ...

ok i have been thinking about this for a while and have one theory

If i finish my router config and am happy with it and type

copy run start

that saves the config right?

then the next time the router loads it will automatically load the config file i saved? unless i type "era start" of course?

or when i try to get into priv exec by typing "enable" will it ask for password to load config i saved?

once i get into priv exec do i need to type "copy start run" in order to apply the saved config? or does it load automatically

In the labs i have done alotta setting up of routers and have typed "copy run start" a hell of a lotta times, but almost everytime we do an erase start on the routers and realod so no using previously saved config files.

would appreciate the help if anyone can.

cheers

Christo

Reply to
Christo

Thanks, confirmed my thoughts, i came accross a website saying that copy run start did the opposite of what i thought (what i thought was correct)

just thought i would confirm with the people here

Thanks again

Christo

Reply to
Christo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.