Backing up switches

Hi. Is suspect this is not on the CCNA test, but anyone managed to backup switch info to a TFTP server? I've got as far as 'copy nvram tftp' but then it just gives me 'incomplete command'. If I type a '?' afterwards I get 'unrecognised command'. I'm running a lowly 1900 V8.01, so probably not worth bothering about - just bugging me as I intend to beak my systems as much as possible over this long weekend.

Thanks,

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris
Loading thread data ...

You very well might see this on the CCNA test.

You don't need to specify NVRAM, but if you specify a file system, you need to specify what from the file system. The easier way would be just to do a 'copy startup-config tftp', or the abridged version of 'copy start tftp'.

Hope that helps,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

I think for the 1900 you have to specify the tftp host and filename as part of the single command:

copy nvram tftp://host/file

Why not download a copy of the IOS command info for the 1900 - might save you some headaches...

Reply to
John Petersen

Reply to
Paul Morris

Ack, I think I missed the line where this is a 1900. No, you won't see that on the CCNA, but you may see the format that I mentioned with is for the IOS flavors. Glad you've got it working though :-)

Reply to
Scooby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.