Automated Cleanup of IOS and router configuration

G'Day Everyone, I have a rack of 10 routers and a few switches that I would like to provide people of my study group to use. I was after a way to automate the clenning up and reloading of these routers back to a factory default. Things I want to protect are if someone has set a password or erased the flash. I was thinking to have all these routers boot up from tftp to protect people erasing the flash (am I on the right track there?) How would I automate the clean up of these routers ? Any sugestions would be terrific.

Regards

John

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------

------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------

-= Get GrabIt for free from

formatting link
=-

Reply to
NutZ
Loading thread data ...

I would like to provide people of my study group to use. I was after a way to automate the clenning up and reloading of these routers back to a factory default. Things I want to protect are if someone has set a password or erased the flash. I was thinking to have all these routers boot up from tftp to protect people erasing the flash (am I on the right track there?) How would I automate the clean up of these routers ? Any sugestions would be terrific.

write a script. or write a note to the people that use them "hey, when you're done, do a 'wr erase' and reload the equipment please".

Reply to
john smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.