Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Asynchronous and Synchronous
May 7, 2007, 8:37 am
rate this thread
Re: Asynchronous and Synchronous
Asynchronous modems are an example of asynchronous - these are the
typical dial up modems we have had to often use in the past and less
so these days.
A leased line is an example of a synchronous link. Typically uses a
serial connection on a Cisco router. Be careful as certain serial
interfaces on Cisco routers are synchronous and others asynchronous.
Here is a discription on the differences on wikipedia -
Asynchronous discussed here:
- » Best CCNA Interview Questions & Answers for freshers/Exp Students 2017 | Mind...
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Apple enabling emergency AT&T LTE in Puerto Rico using Google balloons [telecom ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum