Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 640-801 Practical Question
- Paul Morris
May 4, 2005, 9:05 pm
rate this thread
Hello all. Have finally got a little lab up and running at home: PC
workstation ->switch1 ->router1 -> router2 -> Switch2 ->PC server. Full
1) When all powered up I can ping and telnet all the way across from the
workstation (Win 2K Prof) to the server (Win 2K Advanced Server) but nothing
appears in network neighbourhood etc. I'm guessing that's a WINS server
issue, if so apologies as this is a cisco group.
2) A soon as I connect to my ISP I loose connectivity on the home network.
Once on-line I can get only as far as the near end of the router - not even
to the serial port.
Any help appreciated. Hopefully the above and below is enough info. Please
be aware that this was only set up over the weekend, so I could have easily
left out an obvious step (which would be my guess - if so please no flames!
Especially as I'm trying to do this "for real", and not using Tesstking or
whatever). Also, the IP addresses went in from some work ones (force of
habit) and thusly are not the standard public ones..
Thanks in advance,
Console pw = switch2
Port2 = W2K server (188.8.131.52)
Port1 = Router2
PW = cisco
E0 IP = 184.108.40.206
S0 IP = 220.127.116.11
telnet pw = router2
Pw = secret
E0 IP = 18.104.22.168
S0 IP = 22.214.171.124
Vt pw = toast (change to router1)
Port1 = W2K Prof workstation (126.96.36.199)
Port3 = Router1
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Samsung's SIM snafu may have nudged some Sprint Galaxy S9 owners toward Verizon [...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum