640-801 // Exam topics NOT covered in the Sybex book

Think of the time it takes an author to go through all the edits then printers and then to your doorstep. A "new" book is at best a couple months old when it comes to exam material.

What version of sybex do you have? If "latest", its 5th which came out in february i think. In boot camp terms = old.

Reply to
kymwak
Loading thread data ...

I've using Lammle's Sybex book to prepare for CCNA exam. I've heard it doesn't cover all the subjects though - for example, there is no mention of NAT.

Does anyone know what else it is missing...?

TIA Tony

Reply to
-Tony-

I heard it was only lacking on NAT really for the 5th edition, I was advise to also puchase CCNA study guide by Odom and published by cisco press to help.

Reply to
x-agon

There is an addendum for the book that Lammle wrote for NAT.

formatting link

Reply to
Room88

I'm not talking about typo/mistakes, as I agree it can take time, with several edits/prints to get correct.

I'm talking about actual exam topics/material.

Even if my book is a few months old, weren't the exam topics/subjects known when the book was written (4th edition btw)?

Are you saying that Cisco have actually introduced NAT into the 640-801 exam material since my book was printed?

If so, wouldn't this mean a change of exam, with a new exam code, (the way Cisco do every year of so)?

Reply to
-Tony-

Does not seem to be a problem with the books.

I gave my exam using the 4th edition and coached a batch with the 5th edition.

Nat & RIP v2 are the only additions to 5th edition and it is due to change by Cisco. I hadnt seen questions relating to these two in my exams or dumps which i had used. Another remarkable change in 5th edition is the usage of subnet-zero. The

5th edition suggests using 2^n instead of 2^n-2 when finding number of subnets. Cisco website does not mention any change in its stance regarding subnet zero.Go figure that out !
Reply to
Vivek

Nice one - this'll give me something to read up on . . .

Reply to
-Tony-

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna have a look for this 'subnet-zero' info on the Cisco website also...

Reply to
-Tony-

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.