520 or 515

Hello,

I'd like to practise with PIX firewalls. I thought I'd buy a 520 with 4 ports (EUR 250) but now a cisco dealer says these machines don't allow the latest versions. The dealer found a second hand

515 and with 6 ports it would cost around EUR 1250. I have the space for a large machine, that's not the issue.

What would you recommend, a 520 or more expensive 515? What PIX software versions do I need for passing PIX exams?

TIA, Bart

Reply to
Bart
Loading thread data ...

Hi Bart,

Recommend a Cisco Factory Refurbished PIX as they are Fully Licensed with current software, warranty same as new as well as SMARTnet Eligible.

View List Price and current Inventory Availability ( List Pricing for informational purposes only, call for discounted price quotes

877-549-2680 or 828-277-7272 ):

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant Website:
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hello,

I'd like to practise with PIX firewalls. I thought I'd buy a 520 with 4 ports (EUR 250) but now a cisco dealer says these machines don't allow the latest versions. The dealer found a second hand

515 and with 6 ports it would cost around EUR 1250. I have the space for a large machine, that's not the issue.

What would you recommend, a 520 or more expensive 515? What PIX software versions do I need for passing PIX exams?

TIA, Bart

Reply to
Bart

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.