2600 Troubleshooring?

Hi folks. I've got my hands on a 2600 router (found in an old cupboard at work - honest!) that I'd like to get working. Any guides out there? I've done a bit of googling, but have not found anything. The exact problem is that nothing happens on power up - no bootstrap message or anything. I have a couple of known good 2501s and they are fine, so that's the lead and PC proven (using HyperTerminal Private). I've opened this 2600 up and both memory simms are present. It has no interface cards installed. Any ideas? Note that I don't know if it ever worked or not, so it could be faulty.

Thanks,

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris
Loading thread data ...

If you can find an old 'breakout box," look for signaling on the router's Tx Data leads. If you see that 'something' is leaving the router, then try every possible baud rate hyperterminal offers with each possible parity setting, until eventually your hyperterminal understands what it is receiving.

Reply to
John Agosta

Hi - good thinking. I have one of those at work - will try tomorrow.

Thanks indeed,

PM

Reply to
Paul Morris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.