2600 com1 settings

I am trying to configure a 2600 router. I made a rollover cable and get the router to boot, but when I try to send key commands or text, I don't seem to be getting any response from the router. I tried ctrl-break to cycle the router and do a password recovery, but it stills boots from image. After booting it goes to the router command, but without the #. as in rt when I type enable it was not echoing the text, so I changed that in the ansi properties and it shows what I am typing. I tried switching to the aux port and I get no output there.

The settings on my hyperterminal connection are: terminal keys emulation: autodetect telnet terminal ID: ANSI ascii setup: the only one there checked is to wrap lines that exceed terminal width

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
Mark Simmons
Loading thread data ...

My Dear first o all:

1-Set the hyper terminal to tis default settings. 2-then try ,if the problem exits then,change the c> I am trying to configure a 2600 router. I made a rollover cable and get the
Reply to
Tariq

Ensure the Scroll Lock is OFF.

I had a similar problem when using a Belkin KVM switch and found that when the Scroll Lock light was on HyperTerm did not transmit my key presses to the router, but I would get output messages from the router to HyperTerm.

Reply to
braveheart814

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.