1811W - PC's can no longer see eachother AT ALL!!! (HELP!)

Hi all - I have several/many pc's connected to an 1811W. Since I upgraded to the 1811W - no pc can see any other. No file sharing, no printer sharing, computers cannot even ping each other - yet all computers get IP address's from the router and can access the internet perfectly.

I have done EVERYTHING you can with these XP Pro machines and I am left thinking its something I need to do in the router so that all of the computers connected to it can see each other and share stuff out (which is integral to my own business). I have nothing but the basics setup on the router and haven't really done much in their to tool around. I am also not a Cisco expert (been years since I was in a Cisco 'class') - so if someone could just tell me what it is I need to do, that would great. I am not looking for anything extreme here - i just want any PC connected to the router to be able to see any other PC connected to the router.

I have several devices connected through Ethernet and several wireless devices connected as well.

(Sorry for typos)

Reply to
JamesHulsmann
Loading thread data ...

I haven't looked at a 1811 but from the description and the info on Cisco's web site it sounds like the security on the router ( it is an integrated system ) is set to not allow communication between the ports. If you aren't comfortable going into the IOS mode of the router it should be setup to support the SDM ( web based security management ). It doesn't sound like a pc problem unless they have a very strict firewall setting that with XP SP 2 is possible.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Phil Werk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.