?

Reply to
Saad Ahmed
Loading thread data ...

LSAs are not sent visa the hello protocol. Hellos are sent periodically between routers to make sure that links exists. Holddown timer is 4xHello Timer. After Holddown timer expires, link is considered dead and LSAs are sent to announce route chnage.

Yes LSAs are considered routing updates.

Reply to
Saad Ahmed

OSPF is considered to be an extremely scalable routing protocol. Which of the following would be reasons for this? (Select two)

A. Neighbor adjacencies control distribution of routing protocol updates.

B. Routing table information does not flood the network until holddown timers have expired.

C. The hello protocol is a more efficient means of sending routing updates than table exchange used in RIPv1.

D. Topological database is maintained with incremental updates, with full exchange occurring only every 30 minutes.

Reply to
Dave

That was where mine was at too, but the hello protocol doesn't actually send routing updates, or does it? Are LSA's sent via the hello protocol? Are LSA's considered routing updates?

Reply to
Dave

yes I see you're right. managed to find it in cisco book

- adjacencies created between neighbors control the distribution of the routing protocol packet

page 187 642-801 self study

Reply to
Dave

My money is on C and D

Cas...

Reply to
Cas

Ooops.. back to the books.. ;-(

Reply to
Cas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.