Toshiba Strata Cabling??

Is anyone familiar with the Toshiba Strata DK280 PBX? I'm not a professional installer - just a guy trying to fumble through it ;) It's a DKSUB280A. I don't have any documentation, and I need to know 2 things:

1) On the PDKU2 card in slot S11 has a 50 pin amphenol connector where the phones connect to the system. Do I punch down the other end using pairs, ie. 1&2, 3&4 etc. or 1&26, 2&27, etc?

2) On the two cards where the telephone lines come in, there are four RJ25 input jacks - two on RC0U1 in slot S12, two on RC0S1 in slot S13. Based on my recollection, I believe not all six pins are used, just the

1. Does it only use pins 3&4, and 2&5?

Arrrgghhh!! Please, please, can anyone help me???

Reply to
stavros.john
Loading thread data ...

Correct - right down the line for 8 stations (16 pairs total used) Circuit 1 (station 1) w/bl - 1st VT (voice tip) bl/w - 1st VR (voice ring) w/0 - 1st DT (data tip) o/w - 1st DR (data ring) | | | Circuit 8 (station 8) bk/s - 8th VT (voice tip) s/bk - 8th VR (voice ring) y/bl - 8th DT (data tip) bl/y - 8th DR (data ring)

Correct - top modular jack for C.O. 3 & 4 (CO3+4) bottom jack for C.O. 1 & 2 (CO1+2)

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.