Standards for pair colours?

All,

Anyone with access to the standards know if there are actual recommendations for colours of the pairs in 'CAT 5' type cables? I don't mean sheath colours, but the actual shades of blue, orange, green and brown. I know they vary a lot from manufacturer to manufacturer, but wondered if there were actually 'RAL' or Pantone values given anywhere?

TIA, Phil Partridge snipped-for-privacy@pebbleGRIT.demon.co.uk Remove the grit to reply

Reply to
Phil Partridge
Loading thread data ...

These recommendations do not exist. I don't know why would manufacturers (that vote for the standards you are referring to) limit themselves to particular shades of the colors? This would limit their choice of materials and suppliers, and no one would ever vote for that on a standards committee.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Thanks Dimitri, Thought it unlikely, knowing how difficult it is to get colours 'right'.

Thanks again, Phil Partridge snipped-for-privacy@pebbleGRIT.demon.co.uk Remove the grit to reply

Reply to
Phil Partridge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.