rcdd classes contiguously?

I have an opportunity to take the 6 day 102 class and then immediately take the 4 day test review (200) and then sit for the exam for the rcdd. Is this a good strategy (to stuff as much into the mind as possible) in 10 days, or am I better off taking the 6 days, waiting a few weeks, and then taking the additional 4 day review?

-------------------------------------

##-----------------------------------------------##

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

comp.dcom.cabling - 4647 messages and counting!

Reply to
wooliewillie
Loading thread data ...

In my mind it is better to have the course right before you sit on the exam. Especially considering you are going to take that 4-day review right after the first class. Anyways, it worked for me back then.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
no-spam read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup -

comp.dcom.cabling - 4656 messages and counting!

Reply to
wooliewillie

Prior to taking the exam in 1999 I had about 5 years of direct experience in the cabling industry and 9 years of general telecom experience plus about a two years of experience with teaching classes on the subject of fiber and copper cabling. Therefore I may not exactly qualify for a good example here.

However, taking the 102 class helped me to organize it all in my memory so I felt prepared and pretty confident while taking the exam. But, as with any exam, some question may get confusing and memory can play tricks on you, so the more chance you have to think it through and take time to absorb the material, the better. I did not take the review course, but 102 was very helpful for me.

Good luck with yours!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

I am based in the UK. For the first 2 days of the course, 6 of us sat there not saying a word. Then someone piped up "this is totally irrelevant to how we do things in the UK". The instructor then told us to forget everything we have learned in the past and learn what is in the manuals.

To pas the test, I would recommend learning as much as you can in "parrot fashion".

I would say take the whole lot in one go. I had a 4 week break between the two sessions. On the day of the test, the papers failed to arrive and we had to wait another 4 weeks. In the 8 week gap, I had got back into my job and had forgotten a lot of what I'd learned. I know some people who have taken the course in a 2 week block. They passed but said they needed a few days away from everything to get over it. With hindsight, this is the way I would do it.

If you fail, take the test as soon as possible afterwards.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kelly

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.