panduit labels

Hi

I bought 1 package of Panduit's Laser/Inkjet labels (S100X150YAJ) to print cable labels. Am I now forced to buy Panduit's Easy-mark label printing software to successfully print on the labels or are there other options that will enable me to print on the lable sheets?

TIA Paolo

Reply to
vrkid0
Loading thread data ...

No. You can use any word processor to make the label. You might be able to make a new label layout to your dimensions (Look for how to print Avery labels and then look for a "new" or "custom" choice.)

I was never able to find way to make Word generated numbers on lines,

1 ... 10000

I use a Unix shell script, below to generate numbers from 1 to as high as I need in an ASCII file, use a programmers editor to add the additional text on each line and then use a word processor to make a table-formatted page to make as many columns as you need.

The PITA is to get the vertical pitch right, to the pixel. The last time I did it, MS Word wasn't a precision tool for that. Lots of trial and test.

Print on plain paper and then register to a page of Panduit material and hold it up to the light to see how close you are.

#!/bin/sh if [ $1x = x ]; then echo Usage: counter.sh limit exit 1 fi i=0 while [ $i != $1 ]; do i=`expr $i + 1` echo $i done

Reply to
Al Dykes

If you are using a Unix/Linux system already, do look at glabels. <

formatting link
>

Label geometry is done per-label so you don't have to make all the text line up for the whole page. There are provisions for defining your own layout if none of the (hundred or so) predefined ones fit.

carl

Reply to
Carl Lowenstein

You can upsize the view and at same time hold down the ALT key for precise alignment.

PowerPoint developed for brain dead managers) actually is an even better tool for making labels and biz cards. Again, use the ALT key for alignment

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.