Need help please

I need to terminate 10 RJ45 sockets (in my house), so is there any link wich describes how to use KRONE tool? Also I have cat5e patch wih are some 3ft too long, so can I cut them to size nd terminate them? And lastly does anyoe have exipirience with micronet patch panel (can modules be replaced if damaged......)

Reply to
chuspy
Loading thread data ...

Krone? Are you sure? I've run across Krone very seldom. One site out of quite a few.. Are you sure its not 110 style instead?

If you aren't sure about reterminating patch cables, its going to save you hours of frustration just buying the proper sized patch cables. They are cheap, you can get patch cables at just about any home store/electronics store in a wide variety of sizes.

There are a few patch panels that have keystone holes in them, but they usually are more expensive to be so modular. Generally, if you mess up a patch panel, you have to replace the whole thing, or skip using that port. Its pretty hard to mess up one though..

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Ok. is there any link wich explains hot to puch 110 style. It won't be a problem because i have worked a lot of things, and just need a giude in right way.

Let's get straight. I have already straight trought (patch) cabels wich are some 20-50ft long. So I want to cut plugs from them and terminate them with sockets and in patch panel. Would it work?

Reply to
chuspy

reason you are using solid core patch cables, they're are usually stranded cables.

Reply to
MURF

Should be pretty self-explanitory once you have it. Almost all the experience comes in with speed and being able to dress the cables to make it look nice in the end. Strip the jacket, split/unwind the pairs, match the colors and push them through the slots a little. Punch down with the punch-tool. (Only gotcha is that many wiring things have the colors for both 568-A and 568-B on them. Choose one, use it consistantly, don't switch them around.

No. Patch cables are made with stranded wire so they bend and can flex without getting loose in the connections. You can't punch stranded wire, just doesn't work at all. You need to buy solid cable to punch down with. You can buy it by the foot at Home Depot/Lowes.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.