Instruction for Leviton 1x9 Bridged Telephone Distribution Module installation

I just moved in to a newly constructed townhome. All the phone jacks are wired and distributed from 7 cables which are bundled in a metal box mounted on garage's wall. The color of these 7 cables are 3 blue,

2 green, 1 red and 1 white, they are hanging loose in the metal box. I was told they are Cat 5 cables, I haven't get a chance to cut them open to confirm.

I need to distribute the phone line from VOIP adapter to all the phone jacks in the house, I was told a Leviton 1x9 Bridged Telephone Distribution Module is needed (models 47689-B or 47603-110).

I have no idea how this will work, installation instructions/advices/suggestions or any helpful links are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wonwon Jair

Reply to
wjair
Loading thread data ...

Wow. If you have your heart set on it, here's a link.

formatting link

You can check out Home Dumpo if all you need is the module. I think they stock them for about $30.

Good luck.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Most of your jacks should have the blue pair on pins 4,5. Open 2 different faceplates to be sure. The bridging board requires you to punch down the incoming pair of service (on blue pair) then you would punch down all blue pairs that you want phone service on and you'll have the same dial tone to all jacks. The other 3 pairs will not be used on the bridging board unless you wanted to bridge an additional phone for 2 line phone service then you also punch down all orange pairs. Good luck.

Reply to
scsguy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.