I give up: Thieves suck!

Didn't lock it?

Reply to
James Knott
Loading thread data ...

I had (2) Harris butt sets stolen in the last 2.5 months. The first one was stolen out of my truck at a worksite.

The second was stolen along with a toner set, 3 impact tools, 3 stud sensors,

1-UTP jacket remover tool, and a DMM.

My friends jacket was stolen at the same time, and used to hide the goods we are guessing. We we at a grade school, and we were putting in a power pole. We shut the door and went to Mcdonalds for lunch.

I just about had it..I am going to start billing extra money into my quotes for thievary.

Luckily I forgot to bring my brand new Omniscanner2 tester, I would have jumped off a bridge is some slimeball stole it!

Reply to
Joe Perkowski

That really sucks, Joe. I feel your pain! Just out of curiosity, what school was it at? We all gotta be careful, sometimes even lock the truck.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

A school on Long Island - Wyandanch

Reply to
Joe Perkowski

Dmitri,

I have never had ANYTHING stolen before ever before these past 2 months. Man some people really do suck.

I am probably like I said start charging more to recover stolen property, cause with all that was in that bag is like $600 in tools.

Later

Joe

Reply to
Joe Perkowski

Nah, the school's janitors are a joke. They probably are the ones who stole the tools. We shut the door, and the classroom wasnt even being used. So, it had to be someone who works at the district who saw us in there. I was so pissed cause I just bought the new butt set which was a replacement for the one stolen 2 months ago.

Reply to
Joe Perkowski

I obviously understand what's driving your desire to recover the cost of the tools, but I don't see how the customer would ever find it justifiable. On the other hand, if you don't tell them why your price suddenly became $600 more, then you just became $600 less competitive. Besides, things get lost by natural causes, too, like drop from 12' ladder or something or left in a ceiling that's been closed later. So the customer would expect you to have some kind of the tool replacement overhead ALREADY built into your price. So, I don't think it's as straight forward as: "It's your school, you are paying for my trouble" - type of deal.

What is your insurance company saying, anyways? Is it at least above your deductible? Do they cover loss due to theft? Well, if they don't, then someone else might, so it may be a reason to look around for a new insurer.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Dmitri,

I wouldnt just add on $600 dollars for the hell of it. I would spread out the loss of clients throughout the year. For example, add $25 here $40 dollars there. You see what I am saying? I havent checked my insurance for theft coverage.

Joe P.

Reply to
Joe Perkowski

You are suprised about something being stolen in Wyandanch???

Reply to
Scott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.