How to get Internet over Powerline to work?

Hello

Setup =======

I have deal with my ISP where they supply both internet and television over ADSL. They have supplied me with a modem, which has two ethernet exits, one for the Decoder (TV) and one for a PC (Internet).

The problem is that the modem, computer and tv decoder are all in different rooms of the house, and neither can be moved to another room (I know that this sounds like an exam question!).

So I have tried to connect both exits on the modem (TV and PC) to two seperate "PowerLine Plugs"/"NetPlugs". In the other rooms, I have a power line plug connected to my computer, andin the other room I have another power line plug connected to my tv decoder. So it looks like this:

MODEM | | (computer PL)-----PL PL........(TV Decoder PL)

PL = Powerline Plug

BUT it seems that when my internet works, the tv dosent, and when my tv works, my internet either is super slow or dosent work.

Question ======== Is this because you can not use multiple Powerline Plugs in the same apartment? Does the TV signal interfer with the PC signal? How can I fix this?

Thanks

Zach

Reply to
Zach
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.