How do I wire this terminal?

You need a 110 punchdown tool. THey sell them in Home Depot or Lowes or Electrical supply houses.

If you are too cheap, you can use very small flat headed screwdriver to puch the conductors into the slot.

Reply to
Perkowski
Loading thread data ...

Or more accurately, how do I *apply* the wires (to this CAT6 terminal), since the colour coding is obvious:

formatting link
I've got solid core cable. Do I unwind the pairs and just slot them in? If so, do the connectors in the block cut through the insulation for me, or do have have to strip the insulating off each one first? I assume it's the former, as the v-shaped notches seem to be blade-like.

Also, do I need a tool to do this? If so, what would it be?

Thanks for any help.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Thanks - and no stripping the insulation? Just punch down and that's it?

Reply to
Jonathan

Yeap, that's it. It's an IDC (insulation displacement connection) contact. Does the job for you, no stripping needed. As a matter of fact I would advise to use the little plastic caps that were in the plastic bag with this jack to set wires down (may have to use pliers) instead of using a flat head screwdriver. The screwdriver can move the blades of the contact too far apart and render them useless or unreliable. Else get a specialized punch-down tool if you have to install number of these.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Thanks - not sure about the plastic caps you describe, but I think I might be able to borrow a punchdown tool from the IT guys at work.

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.