Home Wiring for DSL and 4 Extensions

I have a DSL outside splitter near the NID.

I would like to have four voice extensions (one telephone number) installed in the house.

After browsing the web, I've decided I want to use star topology.

I already have the wires connected to the room jacks and pulled to the location where I want to centrally connect.

What should I purchase to do this? A Wall Mount 110 Block seems to be over-kill. I also don't have access to a punch down tool, and they seem to be fairly expensive.

Thanks in advance, Mike

Reply to
Michael Knight
Loading thread data ...

I used an RCA TP039 Phone Wire Junction Box:

formatting link
That is adequate for the voice, but most people will recommend a separate home run from a POTS spitter to the wall jack by the DSL modem. I don't know if the star runs terminated by microfilters qualify as a bridge tap for the DSL signal; maybe somebody more experienced at POTS systems can chime in.

Reply to
NormanM

formatting link

I have a separate home run from the splitter to the wall jack for the DSL modem.

The diagram included with phone wire junction boxes only show one

4-conductor cable. I want to run four 4-conductor cables, one to each jack. Will the TP039 do this, and if so how do I do the hook-up?
Reply to
Michael Knight

"Michael Knight" wrote in news:HOednWV1it5qk snipped-for-privacy@netdoor.com:

A 110-block is great. They're cheap too - no more than 20.00 : )

Reply to
Lucas Tam

I like this item. See #8631 at this link

formatting link
If you don't already have a filter, see item 865170 at the same link.

Some CAT5 module kits have a 'limited use' plastic 110 punch tool included. In a pinch, I have used two flat screwdrivers to force the wire in and trim the ends.

Hey, a quick google search - found a $13.00 tool...

formatting link

-- Bob

Reply to
Bob Dozier

Oh look!

formatting link

-- Bob

Reply to
Bob Dozier

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.