Help with telephone cabling

I have a indoor telco box with a telco line (Cat 5) coming in with a RJ45 jack on this with T568A wiring. It is fed to a UStec telco box which seems to amplifies the signal to 6 other rooms(has 6

8-conductor outs).

I got DSL and the SBC guy told that the box amplifies the signal and hence I can hear the DSL noise at the telephones even with a filter installed at the jack.

There is a outside box which I do not have access to fix(shared by the community) and the eight wires of the Cat5 are all wired in there. To stop amplifying the signal, I thought I can split the signal with one female RJ45 on one end and two other female RJ45 on the other(one going to the modem and other to the telco in) I was assuming all telephone jacks are RJ11 and I am unable to find anything which can match my solution at Radioshack or any stores. I do not want to cut the wire(crimped with Rj45) and do anything. some recommended a splitter but it always seems to cut the wire and does not have RJ45 jacks.

So this what I think I want to do

----> DSL Modem

---->RJ45 Cat5 cable ---> (PLUG with female RJ45) -----> Telco in.

Please help and recommend solutions.

Reply to
bvkiran
Loading thread data ...

Yes, you need to install the DSL modem and the DSL filter BEFORE it hits the UStec's POTS IN port. If I understood your present wiring setup correctly, you can accomplish it by using (1) RJ45 jack and (2) RJ11, RJ12 or RJ45 jacks. if this is one-line setup, you only have to worry about the center pair, or pins #4 and #5 in the RJ45. You'd connect the three jacks in parallel using their center pair connections (in RJ11, 12 you could see the red and the green conductors coming out of this pair's pins). Then your existing RJ45 will plug into the RJ45 end, the DSL modem into one of the RJ11s and the DSL filter (considering you have a dongle-type) will plug into the second RJ11. The RJ11 jack on the DSL filter you will then connect via rj11-rj11 cord to the POTS IN jack on the UStec panel UStech sheds some light on that in their installation manual here:

formatting link
note they do not actually describe xDSL connections, but mention they can be done. I guess, some of their modules may already have the DSL filer built-in, which would make the connection so much less cumbersome.

Good luck!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Ok this is what I found. Would these adapters work. A RJ45 inline coupler(wired one to one). A Rj45 T adapter with a male RJ45 on one end and two on the other (wired straight).

I planned to connect the telephone RJ45 plug to the inline coupler, the male RJ45 to this coupler and I would have two RJ45 ports.

Can I use a regular network patch cable for connecting a RJ45 port to another which is a TELCO IN. In other words can I use a patch cable for telephone purposes.

So the combination

--->RJ45 patch cord to telco in

--->Telcoin(RJ45)-->Inline coupler--->TAdapter ---->regular cable to DSL modem.

Reply to
bvkiran

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.