Finally! Structured Cabling Gets Its Own

Finally! Structured Cabling gets its own place in the blueprint world. I got a chance to go over the blueprints for our latest bldg being built, and it has several pages labeled SCS1.1, etc. Up to now, the telecom and datacom had been included in the electrical pages. And I'm happy to see that the architect had wording about conforming to EIA/TIA

568 and TSBs, etc. Seems like it's been at least a decade since we got a copy of the EIA 568 and associated stuff, so it's about time the dufuses got with the program and did it right. ;-)

-- @@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@h@e@r@e@@ ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###

formatting link
email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 hotmail.com Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
formatting link
You'll be glad you did! Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't changed it:
formatting link

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th
Loading thread data ...

Gee, you are lucky. I have 2 requests for clarification on 2 bids this last week alone. The architects were kind enough to show the locations of station outlets but no provisions for TC's! I am finishing a 60 drop job this week that didn't provide adequate TC either. I ended up in a utility/laundry room that is so small that I had to split the voice and data equipment to opposite walls.

Not that I mind the split so much, I still like my voice on 66 blocks and RJ11's. I just wish some of these architects would get with the show. Like you said; It's been mainstream for at least a decade now...

Reply to
Alan Rench

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.